Tuesday 16 October 2012

Lana Del Rey Is My Soulmate

Soulmates: Lana Del Rey and I both excrete diamonds from our pouting lips



While converting the space under my kitchen sink into a makeshift panic room last night, I realised something completely profound: 

The world is divided into two types of people. Those that "get" Lana Del Rey and those that don't.

I came to this conclusion about life so suddenly that I fell to the floor and crylaughed for three minutes before I stood, had a cleansing shower on super hot scold mode (fire is a great cleanser. Plus "fire cannot kill a dragon" -- Daenerys Targaryen) and found this video waiting for me.

Lana's new single from her upcoming (November 11ish) album Paradise Edition of Born To Die has a whole extra CD to it ( a la Fame Monster) so it's not like you're buying the album again for just one track (a la Good Girl Gone Bad Deluxe Edition).

Anyway this video cemented what I already knew; Del Rey and I are soul mates, in that I too wear feather headdresses while I ride around with leather-clad bears on hogs as I suck the barrel end of their guns for kicks. And that we're both so beautifully broken and jaded and "fucking crazy".

No comments:

Post a Comment